Designed for the Patient
UI Community HomeCare is a full-service medical equipment and infusion services provider serving the people of Iowa. As an affiliate of University of Iowa Health Care, UI Community HomeCare will provide the appropriate therapy or aid at home for as long as necessary.
Through UI Community HomeCare's partnership with Durable Medical Equipment (DME) companies regionally located throughout the state of Iowa, we can provide respiratory services and durable medical equipment to the patient; allowing us to offer unique programs including:
- Highly trained respiratory therapists
- Clinical support technicians
- Insurance specialist
- 24 hour service, 7 days a week (for Respiratory Services)
- Travel with oxygen
- Education and training to the patient and caregiver
- Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and Medicare regulations
UI Community HomeCare will deliver equipment, free of charge, and provide instructions for its use. Insurance covers a majority of the services and medical equipment.
If you have respiratory problems such as asthma, emphysema, Cystic Fibrosis, or obstructive pulmonary disease, we can offer assistance at home or while traveling.
- Oxygen concentrators
- Cylinder oxygen
- Home fill oxygen and conserving devices
- Portable oxygen concentrators
- Portable tanks
- UI Community HomeCare provides direct billing for nebulized medications, including Medicare.
- Pari-neb: a fast-delivery, minimum-wastage system, especially efficient for asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and cystic fibrosis
- Pari-vortex: metered dose inhaler: Holding chambers in infant, child and adult sizes
Other Respiratory Aids
- Suction machines
- Apnea monitors
UI Sleep Solutions
At UI Sleep Solutions, we offer the highest quality sleep products to ensure an enjoyable experience in choosing and becoming accustomed to using your sleep therapy device. Our staff if trained in fitting and routine care for all brands, and we will gladly assist you in making the best decisions for your health. Our goal is to have you set up with your equipment and supplies the day your receive your diagnosis.
We will work with your physician and insurance company to make sure your sleep care is coordinated, comfortable and affordable.
UI Sleep Solutions
901 E 2nd Avenue, Unit 120
Coralville IA 52241
Store Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Comprehensive Durable Medical Equipment
If you have mobility problems such as joint pain, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson's disease, osteoporosis, fractures of the limbs, we can be of assistance by offering:
- Canes and walkers
- Support surfaces
- Hospital beds
- Bedside commodes
- Vitrectomy Face Down Recovery Equipment
Supplier of Juzo(R) compression garments. Stock and custom sizes available.
- Compression sleeves
- Knee and thigh-high stockings
- Accessories to support Juzo(R) products
Activity of Daily Living Aids
- Bath sponges
- Sock aides
- Over-the-door pulleys
- Elevated toilet seats
- Transfer boards
- Gait belts